|(United States Of America)|
AATCC announces the winners of the 2013 AATCC Concept 2 Consumer Design Competition for students. AATCC received 71 entries from 16 colleges and universities for its ninth annual design competition.
This year’s theme, Ooh La Leggings!, asked students to showcase their talent in textile design by creating coordinating skirt and leggings sets for a 16-24 year old female. Color palettes could be chosen from the PantoneView Colour Planner Summer 2013…Unity & CO.
Awards included a first place cash award of US$1,000 along with a copy of Pantone’s Cotton Passport, a US$750 award and copy of Pantone’s Cotton Passport for second place, and two US$100 awards for honorable mentions.
1st Place – Lucky London by Ashley Meek, Kansas State University
AATCC, the Association of Textile, Apparel & Materials Professionals, is the world’s leading not-for-profit association representing textile, apparel and materials professionals, since 1921. Headquartered in Research Triangle Park, N.C., USA, AATCC provides test method development, quality control materials, educational programs, award-winning textile literature, and professional networking for global membership.
American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design