The naphtha hydroformer at Puerto La Cruz refinery came to a standstill out of a glitch in the gas compressor which precludes the production of diesel for export, a source of the trade union of state-run oil holding Petróleos de Venezuela (Pdvsa) told Reuters.
The source added that no date is envisaged for the commissioning of the unit, which operations stopped last Sunday. A Pdvsa representative did not answer to the requests for comments.
Pdvsa has not clarified if, despite the failure that adversely affects the supply of its diesel hydroformer, there are enough stocks of low-sulfur diesel for export.
The refinery located in Puerto La Cruz has an output capacity of 200,000 barrels per day (bpd), which yields 73,000 bpd of gasoline and naphtha; 12,000 bpd of kerosene-jet; 43,000 bpd of gasoil and 73,000 bpd of residual, all of these inputs are needed for the blending of fuel traded in the domestic and foreign markets.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design