SEL Manufacturing Company Limited, a Ludhiana based integrated textile conglomerate having presence in yarns, knitted fabrics, terry towel, ready-made garments and captive power generation, has witnessed 70.57% jump in its turnover to Rs. 3975.62 crore during the financial year ended 31st March, 2013 as compared to Rs. 2330.83 crore in the last fiscal.
SEL’s consolidated EBIDTA has risen to Rs. 719.76 crore during the year ended 31st March, 2013 as compared to Rs. 392.75 crore in the previous year, registering an increase of 83.26%.
Net Profit after Tax increased from Rs. 82.47 crore to Rs. 136.99 crore, recording an increase of 66.11% during the financial year ended 31st March, 2013.
SEL is fast on its way to implementation of new units and expansions. SEL Textiles Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SEL Manufacturing Company Limited commissioned the state-of-the-art Greenfield Mega Integrated Textile Park at Village Panjava, District Muktsar, Punjab in April, 2013.
In the first phase, SEL commissioned the yarn spinning section, which is being set-up with a capacity of nearly 2 lac. spindles. This Textile Park would catalyse significant additional investments in the textile industry of Punjab.
On the one hand, the plant will be ultra-modern with the latest technology and strong systems, on the other hand, special emphasis will be laid on employment of women and regional workforce besides development of green-belts.
The major raw material for the project i.e. cotton shall be procured mainly from the northern belt consisting of Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan, hence creating value-addition for the textile sector in the region. The textile park will generate substantial employment opportunities.
The project will also contribute significantly to the State Exchequer. SEL is confident that its expansion initiatives will not only catalyse industrial activity in India but also contribute to India’s standing in the textile sector of the world.
SEL Manufacturing Company
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design