Despite the increasing production cost and shift in orders by global apparel and textile buyers from China to other Asian countries, several global clothing and textile brands are still sourcing major portion of their clothing from China.
“Uniqlo has been operating in China since September 2009 and around 70 percent of clothing for the brand is manufactured in the country,” says the spokesperson of Uniqlo in an interview with fibre2fashion.
When asked about the trade relation of the company with other South Asian countries, he says, “For Uniqlo, Asian region continues to be an important market. We have opened stores in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand.”
According to the spokesperson of Hema retailers, an international retail organization, China is an important market for outsourcing apparels.
Mr. Dongming XU, head of foreign trade department – Wuxi Tianxiu Textiles, one of the leading textile manufacturers in China, says, “Chinese textile sector is a major source for international buyers due to the Chinese industry’s advancement in technology, efficiency in providing full range sourcing and professional service.”
When asked about the major challenges faced by the textile and clothing sector, he says, “One of the major challenges faced by the Chinese textile and apparel sector is the increasing production cost and the textile and garment makers should reduce dependency on labors,” he says.
Fibre2fashion News Desk - India
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design