The Society of Dyers and Colourists (SDC) will be working in the UK on a new initiative entitled the Associate Parliamentary Group for Textile Manufacturing.
“The formation of the new Group is to enable Parliamentarians from both the House of Commons and House of Lords in the UK, to discuss a particular area of interest or concern – in this case Textile Manufacturing,” SDC said in a statement.
The new group is planned to involve and inform its members about relevant parliamentary activity and provide a platform for parliamentarians and other interested parties to participate in active discussions related to the textile manufacturing process.
The Associate Group includes more than 37 members of the Commons and Lords of the UK, including several Bradford MPs.
The discussions among the members of the Associate Group will mainly focus on how to increase the textile production of the UK. The other issues to be discussed will include plans to develop the textile exports of the UK and development of textile-oriented skills in the sector.
“This development enables the textile industry to really engage with Government to strengthen activity on both sides” said Graham Clayton, chief executive of the SDC in the statement.
Mr. Clayton added, “The SDC can be an active and central part in the new Associate Group initiative, involving our members and many others from around the UK.”
Founded in 1884, the SDC is a UK-based international professional society specializing in colour in all its manifestations.
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design