Hybrid seed manufacturer Kaveri SeedBSE 3.84 % Company, where private equity firm IDFC holds 9% stake, saw its sales nearly doubling at Rs 711 crore for the year to March 2013 largely backed by doubling of cotton seed sales, while it saw net profit more than doubling at Rs 130 crore. In the previous fiscal, the company reported Rs 58 crore net profit on Rs 372 crore of sales.
In the March quarter, the company reported Rs 74 crore of sales and Rs 11 crore of net profit as against Rs 42 crore of sales and Rs 3 crore of net profit a year ago.
"Our cotton seeds were well received by the farming community last year that enabled us report over 100% growth. The sales of maize seeds grew by 25% and rice by 20%," managing director GV Bhaskar Rao told ET.
Rao said the company expects to report at least 20% growth for the current fiscal based on normal monsoon forecast, where the demand for cotton seeds was set to increase.
Shares of Kaveri Seeds on Thursday closed at Rs.1,229.80 down by 3.02% on BSE while the bourse down by 1.93% and closed at 19,674.33 points.
Source: Economic Times .
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design