The govt to float a special purpose vehicle and look for a private partner for the park
The Uttarakhand government has decided to set up the proposed textile park as a public-private partnership in the Kumaon region. The government will float a special purpose vehicle and look for a private partner for the textile park, said principal secretary, industries, Rakesh Sharma.
The Union government had last year announced a series of sops at an estimated cost Rs 250 crore for Uttarakhand. These included a textile park, two spices parks, two convention centres and horticulture cold-storage chains. Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna had recently expressed his worry over delays in setting up the textile park, where the centre has promised a grant of Rs 100 crore.
The 100-acre park is being proposed in the Kashipur-Jaspur area of the Kumaon region, Sharma said.
Due to an industrial slowdown in the country, the private sector was not showing much interest in the textile sector. "Though we took up the issue with companies like Alps, we did not get any positive response. So, we will be shortly floating expressions of interest for the textile park," said Sharma.
A total of 40 textile parks have been sanctioned under the 11th Five-Year Plan in the country, said Sharma.
Source: Business Standard .
Middle East News
- Media Information: Autefa Solutions announces new agency for the Indian market
- Denimsandjeans India to discuss trend of unisex denim
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
- Maharashtra cabinet approves textile policy for 2018-23
- UAE has the lowest VAT regionally and globally
- Costs rise at sharpest pace for UAE’s private sector businesses
- Budget 2018-19: Customs duty on silk fabric hiked to 20%
- Reduction in tax for MSMEs to benefit TN textile firms
- Budget: TEA hails Rs 7148cr allocation for textile sector
- Indian textile industry hails budget with some scepticism
- Arvind Q3 revenue up 16% at Rs 2,706 crore
- Amazon infuses 1,950 cr fresh capital to India operations
- Indian brand Ekaya at Paris Haute Couture Week
- E-commerce platform for artisans in India's Kashmir
- SRTEPC honours RIL with 5 gold trophies
- Indian economy to grow at 7.3% in FY 2018-19: World Bank
- Wazir Advisors Introduction
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Textile Sector in India
- India’s Standing in Global Textile and Apparel Industry
- India: A Land of Opportunities
- Patterns, images and colors demanded in the Iranian carper markets
- CE certificate or sign on the carpet; Indicator of product quality or inaudible imprint of international clarification
- The classification of textile floorings In terms of fire-taking behavior according to the provisions of European Union
- Remain unknown the place of modern carpet design